TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTAL
If you have any further questions or comments – please do contact us by visiting the link – Contact Us
- As of March 19th, 2020, due to the Covid 19 outbreak, the following will apply to all new bookings, a non-refundable booking deposit of 10% of the rental charge is required to reserve accommodation. The balance is taken 7 days prior to arrival, both deposit and balance are transferable but are non-refundable. At least 7 days’ notice needs to be given if you wish to reschedule your stay. Any increase in holiday cost will be charged should you wish to reschedule at a later date. A service fee of €40.00 is also payable with this deposit. Confirmation of booking will issue on receipt of deposit.
- Notice of cancellation must be in writing.
*It is strongly advised that clients take out holiday insurance to cover the possibility of cancellation charges*
- Electricity and gas used for heating and lighting is charged at time of booking, exceptions may apply at certain properties.
- The cottage must be left as it is found and the cost of repairs to or the replacement of property will be the responsibility of the client.
- A security deposit may be requested by Supervisor on arrival. This will be returned provided the Supervisor is satisfied that the terms and conditions of rental have been complied with. In the event that the Supervisor is unable to check the cottage at the clients departure, the security deposit will be forwarded within 7 days. Clients are expected to leave the cottage clean and tidy otherwise a charge of €35 will be requested.
- Rental of cottage may be terminated with no refund at the discretion of the supervisor or any officer of the company if clients/occupiers behave in a disruptive manner, cause a nuisance or disturbance, cause damage to the property or in any other circumstances deemed reasonable by the supervisor or an officer of the company
- On the expiry of other termination of rental the supervisor and or any officer of the company may remove all belongings of the clients/occupiers of the cottage left in the cottage and store or otherwise deal with the same as deemed appropriate. Not withstanding the aforesaid the sole risk in respect of such belongings shall at all times remain with the clients/occupiers.
- Possession of cottage must be taken between 16.00hrs and 18.00hrs and the cottage vacated by 10.00am on day of departure. It is recommended that clients telephone the Supervisor in advance to confirm exact time of arrival. FAILURE TO NOTIFY ON SITE SUPERVISOR OF LATE ARRIVAL COULD RESULT IN LOSS OF RESERVATION
- The company is not responsible for any loss of valuables or property left in the cottage during the stay or on departure.
- The Supervisor and or any officer of the company may at all reasonable times visit the cottage.
- The number of persons stated on the reservation form may not be exceeded in any circumstances
- Dogs are not allowed except with the express permission of the Supervisor or an officer on the company. If permission is given an extra charge of €30 per dog is payable to the supervisor
- In the event of a complaint this must be made to the supervisor immediately and a complaint form completed if the client is not satisfied that the complaint has not been satisfactorily dealt with. The complaint form must be forwarded to the company within 7 days
- In the event of breach of contract on the part of Rent An Irish cottage howsoever arising, any loss or damage including consequential loss sustained by the renter shall be limited to the sum paid by the renter to Rent An Irish Cottage
- In the event that a client has a special request relating to a booking, this must be specified in writing at the time of booking. Not withstanding this the company does not guarantee such requirement will be facilitated.
- RIGHT TO DECLINE: Rent an Irish Cottage Management reserve the right to refuse, alter or cancel a booking, even after receipt of payment. In addition to this, the company is relived of all liability should reserved accommodation not be available due to circumstances beyond our control. In such an instance, alternative arrangements will be made in similar accommodation, or a full refund will be offered. However, no refund or liability will apply to a situation where a client is requested to vacate, or leaves of their own accord, prior to the expiration of the booking.