Glengarriff & Ballylickey Bay, West Cork
Have a look at some of our adventures and things to do in Ballylickey Bay and Glengarriff in West Cork. This summer we spent some time exploring the tours and nearby natural parks in Glengarriff. There is so much to do year round in this part of Ireland. To read more click here.
Winner of our Bunratty Castle Gardens week long holiday 2018!
We are pleased to announce that Colette Cotterell is the winner of our week away in Bunratty Castle Gardens! Congratulations Colette! We hope you enjoy Bunratty and the surrounding areas of The Burren, The Aran Islands, The Cliffs of Moher as well as Bunratty Caslte, it's adjoining folk park and the magnificent Craggaunowen. Limerick city is also close to Bunratty Castle Gardens - this vibrant city has much to offer including Kayaking near King John's Caslte, King John's Castle, The Hunt Museum and The Gerogian Quarter.
Terms & Conditions for Bunratty Castle Gardens Prize Draw 21st June - 18th July 2018 - Please share this summer fun!!!
Terms & Conditions for Bunratty Castle Gardens Prize Draw
- There is 1 prize for a week’s long holiday (7 days/6 nights) at our Bunratty Castle Gardens location in Bunratty, County Clare.
- Open to Irish & UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Rent An Irish Cottage.
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 18th July 2018.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must like & leave a comment on the Facebook promotional post here: https://www.facebook.com/rentanirishcottage/ finishing the sentence: with ‘The most important thing to me on a holiday is….. one comment per person.
- Although not compulsory, liking the Rent An Irish Cottage Page will ensure you don’t miss any future promotions.
- The winner will be chosen at random.
- The winner will be informed by a reply to their comment plus a Facebook message within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond within 14 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name, with their consent, will be available on request and published in the Blog section of our website: http://rentacottage.ie/blog and on social media accounts associated with Rent An Irish Cottage.
- The voucher will be emailed within 7 days of the winner confirming their address.
- Voucher includes rental of property and electricity costs only during the week long stay at Rent An Irish Cottage.
- The promoter is Rent An Irish Cottage, 51 O’Connell Street, Limerick. Phone +00 61 411109 & email: [email protected]
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Attractions near Kenmare, Summer 2018 with Rent An Irish Cottage
There are so many things to do in Kenmare this summer. At Rent An Irish Cottage we have been busy looking whats new in Kemare and what may be new to visitors of County Kerry. Click here to see our top 5 things to do in and around Kenmare.
Cycle your way to fun places this Summer with Rent an Irish Cottage
Routes Featured: Great Western Greenway, County Mayo & Slea Head Loop, County Kerry
One great way to get to Achill Island is by cycling from Westport to Achill Island. The 42km long bike path and footpath makes this journey safe and with a few hills accessible to everyone. The stretch of 42 km can be completed in one go or in stages with scenic breaks along the way! To read more....click here!
Explore Connemara and Achill Island with Rent an Irish Cottage
Stay at one of Rent a Cottage’s fabulous self catering holiday homes and enjoy endless options for walking based holidays in the fresh air and stunning scenery. There are so many walks both near the Wild Atlantic Way and inland, visitor are spoiled for choice.
Starting in County May on Achill Island there are gentle walks on Keem and Keel beaches. When walking in Achill the first thing that one notices is the ever changing colours on the protective hills nearby the beach. This is one reason Achill Island is a favourite amongst landscape painters and read more....
Explore Spring Flowers and Wildlife with Rent An Irish Cottage
The past week has seen a huge change in the weather across Ireland. The countryside is full of activity, both with plant and animal life and we at Rent An Irish Cottage are always excited by a change of season, a reason to celebrate. Delightful spring flowers are starting to dot our landscape and remind us to get out an enjoy the fresh air and stunning countryside! Even in urban landscapes daffodils and potted flowers herald a new season bringing joy with finer weather. . The first signs of spring are the daffodils and magnificent crocuses...read more
Winter Walking with Rent An Irish Cottage
The clocks have gone back we have colder evenings and winter is definitely here! These reasons are enough to put the outdoors on the back burner until next spring. However, we at Rent An Irish Cottage know it can be a wonderful time of year to get outside and enjoy fresh air and great walking trails Ireland has to offer. Refreshing country walks this time of year have bonuses – lack of summer crowds, ease of parking and peaceful sunsets in magical locations. And the light is different making for amazing winter sunshine...read more
Traveling Around Beautiful Connemara
Clifden is a bustling hamlet in very West of Ireland in County Galway. After driving 80km from Galway City though the mountainous terrain when you land in Clifden you know you are far away from any urban area. This old traditional small town has lots to offer the visitor. Clifden is famous for its friendly locals and lively atmosphere both during the day and the night. The night life is great here. Clifden has many award winning restaurants and almost every pub has live traditional music most evening so it is easy to relax and hear local musicians....read more
Ring of Kerry - A Day Out
All the Peninsulas on the Kerry coast line are well worth a full day out or two if you can afford the time. One of the best things to do or see at least once from this peninsula is to go and experience the Skelling Rocks. Kilorglin or Knightstown are ideal places to stay the night before. Kilorglin is a short drive and offers the visitor a lively atmosphere and a choice of restaurants. This charming market town has a rich history and is famous for Puck Fair, a popular festival that draws crowds from all over the world, it usually runs the first or second weekend of August annually.....read more
The Burren and Coastline
There are great day trips in county Clare that don’t require much effort but maybe some stopping along the way. One of the best ways to see Clare is on a day trip. The route we will embark on here is to go up through the Burren towards Ballyvaughan and then to head south again by the Burren and along the coastline.
First we will stopping at the Burren Centre in Kilfenora, Co. Clare. This is a great quick visit museum and gives lots of information on the history of the Burren, information on the rock formations and is a hive of information for what is ahead!......read more